Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Very Own "Boulder Problem"






Yesterday was a wonderful day for me. I was able to finally send a boulder problem that I'd been establishing by the Winooski bay because of the beautiful weather. That last sentence was a little lingo-heavy so I'll help you out. In the language of climbing "send" means to complete a route without falling. A "boulder problem" is a short climbing route (usually 15 - 30 feet) that may not necessarily be a boulder (in this case it is a short cliff) and it is climbed solo without ropes. They are generally made to be very difficult and require a great deal of technique or power.












Anyway, it's the first boulder problem I've ever founded (which just means I was the first to spot it as a possibility, chalk up and solve it). Now I get to name it, rate its difficulty and publish its existence on RockClimbing.com.











And now I'm going to head right back there while it's still warm!









No comments: