Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bringing the Caribbean to the Canadian Wilderness



I went to sleep Sunday night with pineapple on the brain. It stewed inside of me all morning on Monday and then it hit me. An epiphany.


You see, Andrew and I are both cooks. And normally we bring a handful of fresh vegetables/fruit/herbs to supplement all of the fish (an occaional snake) we eat at Bob Lake.



So I'm thinking to myself "pineapple...wow. that's going to taste so good. pineapple..." when I realize how awesome if we ONLY brought tropical fruits to supplement our all-fish-occaional-snake diet there. It's going to be Bob Lake - Caribbean style.


So this time we're limiting our ingredient list to oranges, limes, grapefruit, melons, mangoes, pineapples and coconuts and herbs that are featured in the native Caribbean dishes.






No comments: