Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bob, meet Pineapple





At 9:11 P.M. on Sunday night, the following words appeared via text-massage on my cell phone:
"Yo next year at bob we should bring a pineapple"

This, I think, will go down as one of the best text-messages ever. I laughed out loud and my mind began to spin. But it demands a little explanation.
Who/what is bob? Why bring a pineapple? Why next year?
Anyone who knows me, understands. Bob is a place. Bob lake. It's where my best friend and I go on an annual "retreat"of sorts. It involves us getting dropped off via-seaplane on a remote lake in the Canadian wilderness for 8 days.




The drive.



The plane.


The snake.
You get the drift.
And next year, there's gonna be a pineapple.

1 comment:

MBenti said...

Very cool "annual trip." Sea-plane drop off? Pretty snazzy.